Friday, April 8, 2016

Is it April?

Desmond


Our first trip this time was Toledo, OH to Appleton, WI.  Being up all night this time wasn’t as hard as past start outs, but unfortunately at 7:00 am eastern time I did have to head back to bed for a quick nap.  The dock at Appleton is a hairpin design. I told Vince if I was going to help him back in I needed a nap.  When I woke up from the nap I saw from the clock that we were about 20 minutes from what the GPS had predicted to be our arrival time. I got up front just as Vince was getting off at the exit for the theatre.  The 90 minute nap gave me enough rest to help Vince into the dock.

After getting unloaded we headed over to Victoria’s a wonderful Italian restaurant across the street from the theatre for a nice lunch.  One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is the weather.  It’s cold here in Wisconsin.  I am pretty sure the calendar says April but it definitely feels more like December.  It has snowed off and on throughout the week and it has only got into the 40s once.
 
Desmond, Rosaleen and Steve
But the weather aside, as always, the best part of coming to Wisconsin is getting to see family and this time we were lucky enough to get a double dose of it.  We had dinner with our niece and nephew Tom and Kerry (forgot to get a pic with them) the first night (unfortunately we missed getting to see their daughters, Elizabeth and Grace, as they were practicing for their high school play). On the second night we had dinner with our niece and nephew Rosaleen and Steve and our adorable nephew Desmond.  Desmond, who is almost a year old, is a happy go lucky baby who flirted with all the waitresses at the restaurant.  It was a wonderful time getting to see everyone and meeting/playing with Desmond.
Me and Desmond having fun!

This weekend we will move Motown out of Appleton to Louisville, KY.  This run will not require an all nighter which is a positive. It is my hope that this time we will also find warmer temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment