Monday, October 8, 2012

Hanging Out at the John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in DC


 
The last time we were at the Kennedy Center in DC it was after a long haul across the country. I was tired and we were here only a few hours early in the morning. Today we were fortunate enough to get to spend the day there. For some reason I assumed the building would not be open to the public, but was so wrong. So if you get to DC and have some extra time I strongly recommend seeing it. It was too dark on the inside to get any good shots but rather than bore you with descriptions of everything, I thought I would let the pictures of the outside area speak for me. 
 
 
The Watergate Hotel is right next door to the Kennedy Center 

THe following quotes from JFK can be found on the back side of the building





In the picture at the top of the post you will notice there is a hint of green at the top of the building.  That is a terrace that surrounds the building.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is open to the public.  The following are pictures from the roof top terrace.

A view of the Potomac River

The Watergate

A view of the Capital Building

The Washington Monument

The Lincoln Memorial




The Pentagon

A view of the terrace to give an idea of its size


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment