Monday, January 6, 2014

Record low temperatures and wind chills! I must be back in the truck!

By the Shea Theatre in Buffalo Monday Morning




Yes, I am back in the truck and a prediction I made last month has already come true.  In December, while I was home enduring snow and cold temps, Vince was in Florida enjoying warm weather.  One evening while on the phone with me, he mentioned how bad he felt that I was dealing with all the bad weather, while he was in warm temperatures. I laughed and told him to enjoy it, because next month when I joined him in the truck, as past experiences had showed us, we would be headed to cold places.  On New Year’s Eve he came upstairs in our home to tell me he had received his dispatch, Cleveland to Buffalo. I just laughed and reminded him that I had told him so.

The nice thing about the start of the trip is that we are with Gary and Linda Graff.  Gary as you will recall from one of my summer posts, has always been a big supporter of my blog.  But more importantly he and Linda are just good people.  I was more excited than usual to be heading out knowing we would be seeing them.

Sunday night we only had to deal with torrential rains on our way from Cleveland to Buffalo. With the snow fall that hit our family and friends in Indiana, we were very thankful it was only rain.  I was particularly thankful for the rain when we exited I-190 at Church Street in Buffalo late Sunday night.  It is a spirally tight ramp that I would not have wanted to be exiting on in ice and snow.
 
Same spot by the Shea, Monday afternoon
We are in Buffalo for the next three days shuttling trailers between the drop yard and the theatre.  This afternoon the temps have started dropping and the lake effect snow is coming down both horizontally and vertically. But most interesting are the winds that are really rocking the truck already. My understanding is that they haven’t reached the top speeds yet.  So I think tonight is going to be very interesting, especially trying to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment