Sunday, January 10, 2016

I’m here because I’m entertaining.

We left Columbus last Sunday and headed to Cleveland for an Elf load out.  The show was closing therefore everything was headed back to the shops.  Our load was to be in Annapolis Junction, MD by Monday morning.  I had a very tough time Sunday night getting back into staying up.  I believe part of it was just getting back out on the road and the other was I didn’t have my Dunkin Donuts coffee Sunday morning.  I will not make that mistake again.  I abandon Vince around Midnight and while I didn’t fall asleep I was way more comfortable in bed than in my seat.

On Monday morning, I looked out the window and noticed a trailer beside us.  I asked Vince if that trailer was here when we arrived.  He answered “Honey that’s our trailer”.  Obviously, I was not paying attention that if we were hooked up to our trailer we wouldn’t be right next to a trailer. I laughed and asked him “tell me again why you like having me out here”.  He laughed and said “because it’s entertaining”.  I know it’s true because I once had my glasses on, picked up a pair of glasses that were on the counter and asked whose glasses are these.  I am usually organized and have it together. My only explanation is I must totally relax out on the road which leads to entertainment for my husband.


Yesterday, Vince had moved trailers in this lovely lot so that the Gotta Dance crew can pull things off the storage trailers and move them onto the trailer we brought from Harrisburg.  The lot is housing Gotta Dance and Lion King and as you can see it is not very big. It was an adventure. Today we are hanging out in cold but thankfully clear Lake Station, IN. 



Tomorrow, we return to the lot for the transfer. Tuesday morning, we head into Chicago where the Gotta Dance crew will take some stuff off and load on things that need to go back to shops.  After they are done we will head to NJ and CT with the returns for Thursday deliveries.   

No comments:

Post a Comment