Friday, November 12, 2010

Why I am here!

In 2008, my husband Vince, an owner-operator, truck driver leased with a company that moves Broadway shows convinced me to leave the business world behind and join him in his truck.  Over the last two years, I have learned how tough the life of a truck driver can be, the hours and hard work that goes into moving a Broadway show.  I knew plenty about the business world but the world of trucking from a business  and life style standpoint is totally different than anything I have ever experienced. Thankfully, I learned that my worries about, what if any toll our constant togetherness would have on our relationship were unfounded, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have our moments. 

Therefore, on our travels I have received a first hand education in the world of trucking. So, in this blog I hope to provide a humorous look at life on the road.  While also furnishing readers with a view into the challenges of living with a spouse on the road 24/7 and providing a glimpse into my struggles with being part of the sandwich generation. My struggles mainly center around the guilt I feel as I attempt to find a balance between life on the road with Vince and life at home caring for an elderly parent and finding enough time for my grown daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment