Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Milwaukee to Buffalo – The Book of Mormon

Sunday we took our time getting to Milwaukee because while Vince’s eye was no longer as painful it was still irritated and red.  We arrived at the theatre Sunday evening, so unfortunately no time for a visit with family this time.  Now I was looking very forward to returning to the road in the summer because it is the easiest time of year to be in the truck.  No coats are usually needed and I am in my flip flops the whole time.  Well apparently Mother Nature thought I needed to go through a little winter since I missed my winter trip, because it was in the 40s in Milwaukee.  I had to put on shoes and wear a jacket. Needless to say, there was some complaining going on with a few cuss words sprinkled in. Of course Vince reminded me it was technically not summer for three weeks.  I told him it still felt more like fall than spring.

The load out went smoothly and we were on our way pretty quickly.  We needed to be in Buffalo by 1530 or 3:30 pm Monday, which meant being up all night since we were traveling 600+ miles. For those of you who have followed me over the last several years, you know this is always tricky for me on the first load out.  I do not adjust quickly to all nighters especially when it is my first load out. 

I have to say this time I did better than I thought I would until 9:00 am Monday morning.  Despite having stopped from 5:00 am- 7:00 am on Monday morning to sleep, by 9:00 am, I knew as I sat buckled in my seat that I was going to fall asleep and probably hit my head on the glove box.  So I put the flag up and told Vince I had to lie down.  He as always totally understood and shared that he was going to stop at the next rest area (in Ohio) and get some breakfast.  My head hit the pillow and I was out.  When Vince stopped about 20 minutes later, his setting the brakes woke me up.  He asked it I wanted something and I told him I was getting back up and my order.  He asked if I slept well and I said yes, he said he knew because he could hear me snoring all the way up there. 


Buffalo June 2015
Buffalo January 2014
The rest of the trip I was able to stay awake and we arrived early for our call time. Buffalo looked a lot different than the last time I was here.  As you can see from the pictures, in January 2014 we were caught in a blizzard, this time it was clear sailing.  Load in went well for us and then we were off to Pembroke, NY for a couple of burgers at the TA and a good nights sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment