Sunday, June 7, 2015

Tonight’s load out - Kinky Boots in Grand Rapids, MI

Grand Rapids River Walk
Tonight we are loading out of Grand Rapids, MI and heading for Providence RI.  It will mean another all nighter that hopefully I will be ready to make it through.  I have not previously shared one of my tools for staying awake, but I will now, it is Diet Dr Pepper.  About six years ago we discovered that Diet Dr Pepper has the same effect on me that I imagine Red Bull has on many people. One night around midnight while heading home from Cleveland we stopped at a truck stop on I-71.  Tired and a little hungry we picked up sandwiches and drinks. I got a Diet Dr Pepper and let me tell you, by the time we arrived at the lot where we park the truck two hours later I felt like I could run a marathon.  I almost single handedly unpacked the truck and at 2:30 am jumped in the driver’s seat of the car totally wired to drive us home.  Initially Vince was concerned why I of all people was excited about driving at that hour until he realized what had caused the change.  I believe it is what kept me going last Sunday night, but as we learned last week when I crash after the effects wear off it means some serious snoring. So yesterday when we stopped at Wal-Mart I made sure to stock up with an eight pack.

Chinese Tourists taking pics of the trucks
When we arrived at the theatre we were able to catch up with a few of the Clark drivers.  As we were talking to one of them some Chinese tourist began taking pictures of the trucks.  Since they do not have trucks like ours in Europe or China the tourist are always fascinated by them.  When we are in New York City tourists ask all the time if they can climb on the entry steps to have their picture with the truck.

We took a few minutes to go to down to the river walkway and snapped these few pictures before darkness set in.  We are now waiting for our trailer to be loaded then it is off to Providence.

Grand Rapids River Walk
 
From the Grand Rapids River Walk




Vince and Me on the River Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment