Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Norfolk – the thermostat, a museum and beggars

They got all five trucks on the pad in Norfolk - Vic is attached to the trailer facing the other way

Currently Chrysler Hall - We are parked directly behind this sign

Norfolk Police and Fire Museum - Only take donations - Great Museum
We made it to Norfolk by Monday night well in time for the 5:00 am yesterday.  But since I was finally getting my first good sleep since getting back in the truck, I slept right through it.  I did however make it up in time to visit with the boys as they ate breakfast.

You see I kept having trouble breathing at night and was always too hot, until I finally figured out what the problem was. While Vince will freeze me out of the cab area sometimes while he is driving. Which don’t get me wrong he needs to, since heat can make him sleepy while driving.  He prefers his living area to be like short sleeve weather.  I on the other hand, hate giving the utility companies any more of our money than I have to at home, so I keep our home around 65-68 degrees and just wear long sleeves and cover up with a blanket.  Well it hit me the other night why I wasn’t sleeping, it was too hot.  So after I startled Vince awake while blowing my nose, I decided to ask him what he had the thermostat set on. Well he took the hint just like any good husband would and asked if I wanted him to turn it down.  Of course I wanted it turned down. Now, after he got back into bed I must admit I did worry that maybe he would have trouble getting back to sleep and when we are on a schedule I hate to bother his sleep. But about three minutes later it was evident that it was not a problem and my guilt for waking him was gone.  Not sure how crazy he is about the colder room at night, but we are both sleeping so it must not be that big a deal. So thankfully there is no homicidal thought moment to report, just a bump along the way.

Today, we visited the Norfolk Police and Fire Museum, along with going to the mall about a block from the theatre.  Always nice to go to different restaurants and get some much needed walks in.  Jim and Matt went to the Popeye down the street last night and found it to be a beggar’s hang out.  We did not experience a problem with beggars last year when we went there for lunch after load in, so we aren’t sure if that is a new thing or an evening thing.  Last year we did have a guy knock on the doors of our trucks in the middle of the night last year, which always puts me on edge because you don’t know who it is or what they want.  He was so pushy about not leaving that Jim ended up having to calling the police. Thankfully both nights were uneventful this year.

We load out this evening then need to be in Houston by Friday.  They are predicting snow for here tonight, which is part of a storm coming from the south that we will run into along the way and with a short time to get Houston who knows how this will go.  But you can be sure I will let you know.



Flying J - Ruther Glen - My husbands quip while fueling, "guess those birds aren't afraid of a cat"

Scope Arena
Chrysler Hall - Where Madagascar Live is appearing

No comments:

Post a Comment