Saturday, February 5, 2011

The show is getting rave reviews while we pass the time outside Pittsburgh.

Well after three days of sitting at the Petro, I am happy to report the truck is definitely clean. After all there is not much to do but clean since there is nothing around the truck stop. Thankfully we at least have a computer signal since we have no television signal. The computers help us to see what is going on in the world and to track the weather.  We have lunch or dinner with Jim and Matt, two of the other drivers on the show and in the evenings watch movies that we keep in the truck.   

The down time did allow me the chance to catch up with my best friend/sister-in-law, Nancy on the telephone Thursday. It was great to have the time to talk, because when we are traveling and sleeping odd hours it is hard to do.  For those who may not know Vince is Nancy’s brother and we have all known each other since elementary school.  I also talk to my brother, John daily to find out how things are going with our mom.  Although I call her everyday, she is not happy that I leave and will not always answer the phone when I call. John’s updates help me keep up on things with her. Without John and Elaine, my sister-in-law, I would not be able to go on these trips. Vince and I are very grateful to them for taking care of Mom so we can be together.

Also let me just share that I love Skype!  Vince got me a camera for Christmas so Elizabeth and I could talk to each other via Skype.  Last night we used it for the first time and it was great being able to see Elizabeth’s facial reactions when I told her funny stories.  If you have family or friends that live out of town I strongly recommend connecting with them that way.

We will be ready to get out of here tomorrow and start heading to Norfolk.  Vince learned today that there are lane and parking restrictions in downtown Pittsburgh due to the Super bowl. We are to be at the theatre tomorrow at 2:30 pm and hope to be out of there before the game even starts.  Just so you know the crew from the show Vince was on last year, of which none of our current crew was a part of at the time, got thrown out of this theatre last year when the load out took too long. I remember walking to the back of our truck and seeing all this stuff in the alley and asking Vince what was going on.  He told me they were being thrown out because it was past the time they were scheduled to be there and the theatre people wanted to go home.  It was 12:30 am and you couldn’t blame the theatre people but it was really shocking to see it happen.  While we don’t expect those same problems this year, because this crew gets what it takes to move a show, it is still one of the first moves so who knows how long it will take

In the meantime we were happy to learn the show got a rave review from Thursday night’s show.  It is always good to see that the show is entertaining.  I have attached a link to the review if anyone is interested in seeing more about the show.  Be on the look out tomorrow night or Monday morning for the load out post.

No comments:

Post a Comment